Thursday, July 5, 2012

I'm finally doing some sewing again. Haven't touched my machine for several weeks, just keep looking at it thinking I need to sew. Anyway I moved it back into the loungeroom and have started a couple of projects. My niece is having a baby shortly, a little boy so I'm making him a quilt. I just hope she will like it, I think it's really cool - a rocket ship surrounded by stars. It's a The Birdhouse pattern called Blast Off. I may do another quilt as well, something more traditional in case she isn't into bright and funky for a new baby.

This is the centre panel, all the shapes are fused on. I will sew around them in black. Haven't worked out what color to do the stars.

This is my other sewing project. I made Sophia a quick and easy flannelette baby rug and Jo said it was great. I had some hexagons left over so I'm making another one. No plans for it yet, I'm waiting for a friend to get pregnant and she will probably get it. The hexagons are all rotary cut with a Darlene Zimmerman EZ quilting template. They are about 5.5" across the centre, a bit over 3" on each side. And then they are sewn on the machine, so easy. I've made about 12 Grandma's Flower Garden flowers so far, now got to sew them together and fill in the missing bits. It will be backed with flannel, but no wadding.
 
And I started a cross stitch. I'm a big tennis fan, but it gets a bit boring between points. So I grabbed a kit for a cute fish mobile, and started stitching. This is 2 nights work so far. Don't you just love the tennis.



No comments:

Post a Comment