Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Recent Quilts


I haven't posted for a while, but I have been busy. I'm actually doing some sewing these days. I have set Sundays aside for sewing, and writing patterns. It doesn't always happen but more often than not I get something constructive done. So here are a few of the things I have finished recently, including a couple of new free patterns on the website



This is Norway Dreaming, it's a new free pattern on the website. It's quick and easy and fits well into the Modern quilt movement I think. 

This is a variation of Norway Dreaming, the flying geese are a little smaller, making the quilt just a big smaller for a lap quilt.

and this one is called FiFi's Folly. A fabulous friend made the initial blocks but her points were a bit off, so I turned them into circles and appliqued them onto a dirty brown background and made a great quilt (if I may say so myself). Otherwise I would have stuck them in a box and never done anything with them. You can often salvage things if you think 'outside the box'. I love this quilt, and brown in definitely not my colour.


I found some leftover blocks from a workshop, the little ones in the centre, and decided to do something with them. And I had the wonderful pink stripe which was perfect. This quilt doesn't have a name yet, but will be sold or given away or something, and I will think of a name before it goes to it's new home.

and finally a quilt by Miss M. It is called Larapops, and is done with a Jelly Roll, or in this case a Bali Pop. I added some really bright green fabrics for the circles. So quick and easy. No name yet for this one. All suggestions appreciated. 
I haven't posted for a while, but I have been busy. I'm actually doing some sewing these days. I have set Sundays aside for sewing, and writing patterns. It doesn't always happen but more often than not I get something constructive done. So here are a few of the things I have finished recently, including a couple of new free patterns on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment