Thursday, January 31, 2013

First quilts of 2013

I did some sewing in January, trying to get a few things done and use some of my fabric. And to stop procrastinating. I managed to get three quilts done, at least the tops are done. That is all I need to finish to call it a finished project. Sometimes they can take a couple of years to get quilted, unless I need them for something and then they get done pretty quickly. One of my 'resolutions' this year is to try and quilt some of my smaller quilts so one of these is pinned ready for my first attempt.
This one is a small baby quilt. The florals I had for years (many) and they were all fat eighths and I couldn't decide what to do with them. On about 1st January I decided they had to be used so I just cut them into 2.5" strips and made a quick and easy baby quilt. This one is pinned ready for me to attempt to quilt it. I just need a bigger table than I am sewing on at present.

This one is another quick and easy. I had a 'turnover' in pretty colors so I just put white with them and made a simple quilt - using the Janelle Wind Chevron Pillows pattern. Another baby quilt.

And this one is almost the same as the one I did for my brother for Christmas. This one is organized though. I set out the colours in an arrangement to show of the black and gold, and the orange and gold. It's much richer in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment