Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Houston

Well I made it to Houston, unfortunately my luggage took the long way and only arrived this morning. I got here about 7.30 last night and I was exhausted. But I slept really well and had a lovely day today.
Houston is pretty hot, and steamy. It was 28 plus degrees today but a bit overcast. Looked around and did a bit of shopping.

I'm staying at the Hyatt Regency in Downtown Houston and I have a fabulous corner room. The pic above it the view looking toward the Convention centre, you can just see it at the end of the street.


And this is the view looking the other way - cool.  I love staying on upper floors of hotels. This one is a bit different though. The elevators have glass walls. There are 2 banks of elevators, one looks into the hotel, and you can see down to the lobby and across to the rooms from the elevator, and the other looks into the street. I must take some photos from the lifts when there aren't too many people around who would think I'm a hick tourist.(I really am but other people don't have to know that.)
Tomorrow starts the Quilt Show. Not open yet, but I have a bus tour to some tourist spots and some local quilt shops. It starts at 7.45am. So it might have to be an early night for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment