Friday, May 20, 2011

Finally some sewing

I've been really busy since I got home, and today I decided I needed to do some sewing. While we were in Salt Lake City we met Robin and Tina from Bird Brain designs. They are both lovely, and do wonderful redwork and other gorgeous patterns. While I was trying to update their stock, I found a fun needlepunch pattern called Southwest Horses, and since I don't do needlepunch ( have all the gear, but never got around to doing anything with it ), I decided to enlarge the design and do it in applique. The original is 5" x 7" and I blew it up on the scanner and made it 9" x 12.5". I did raw edge applique around the horses and stars. Haven't decided what to do with it yet, but I'm very happy with the block.


Applique version of Southwest Horses by Bird Brain

I may put it into a bag, or perhaps a pillow wrap. I saw those on the Bigfork Bay Cotton Company booth, and will tell you more about them in another post. If anyone has any suggestions about a finished product using this block I would be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment