I didn't feel much like working this weekend, so I have done some sewing instead. One of the patterns I got in Salt Lake City was called Sweet Tweet - from Quilt Story (Heather and Megan). It is for a pretty little baby quilt, very soft and pastel. So I decided it would be a good and quick project. Don't know anyone pregnant at the moment but I'm sure it will find a good home sometime. Anyway, I'm not very good at pastel and pretty, so I brightened it up a bit.
The original pattern
I scaled mine down a bit, and because I didn't read the pattern properly mine is all reversed. I used fusible web applique which wasn't the method mentioned, though they did say the pieces weren't reversed, so I guess I should have read the instructions.
My version of Sweet Tweet by Quilt Story
My only problem came with the borders. I decided to be lazy and use a precut pack - Rainbows - supposedly 2.5" strips. Which turned out to not be 2.5" strips, they were all wider than that. And it put my borders all out. I didn't even think to measure them. I assumed that it said 2.5" strips so that is what they would be. This was the first time I have used a precut pack of strips - I guess I'll just have to check in future. Though I think if it says 2.5" it really should be that size.