Saturday, June 18, 2011

variation on a theme

Well, it has been so cold here for the last week that I haven't really felt like doing too much. Spent most of the week getting new stuff sorted for the shop, and writing up a couple of patterns. Including the Dresden plate one for Patricia. She really likes the quilt, so hopefully now we can get some people signed up to do the class. 

And, of course I had to do a bit of sewing. I decided to try a Rabbits Haven pattern but changed the colors a bit. The original pattern is called April Showers, and it is really pretty in pink and blue.
 So I had to decide on some fabrics. I bought the black and white at Patricia's this week, but it just seemed to work with the orange and red. I love the cream with black polka dots, but I decided to change the black little border one. It will be much more red.
Anyway, I got the centre panel done. I will probably do a flange before the next border, the pattern says do a little normal border, but I like flanges so I will probably go that way. The big border will be the same orange and red.

And of course, the flowers. This is the first one I have done. I ran out of Vliesofix about a week ago, and I have bought some stuff called Heat n Bond Lite, and this is the first time I have tried it. I think it will be better than Vliesofix - it seems like it will hold together better and not peel apart. 

Hopefully the quilt will be finished tomorrow and I will post a pic of the finished product. It will still have to be quilted, but I'm not in a hurry for that as I don't have a destination for it. I hope Arlene likes it. I will send her an email so she can have a look when I finish the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment