Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fabulous Fig Tree pattern

I love Fig Tree designs - great quilt patterns. But they are usually too pastel and pretty for me, so I decided to make one in different colors. I am going to try and get some samples made for the store in different colors and looks to the originals. The first of these is a Fig Tree pattern called Cameos . I love the pattern but changed the colors a bit. When I started it I thought it was going to take forever, there is a lot of sewing, then cutting, then sewing, then cutting, and on and on. But it was great, I really enjoyed it and it is very different from the original.
The original pattern - Cameos by Fig Tree

My color selection, I used all of these and then a couple of others as well.

The first 2 blocks - I think they are great.

The finished quilt, it has the same fabric for the centres and the cornerposts and the border. It is actually a bit brighter than the picture shows. But the other picture I took makes it look really blue.

Enough of showing off, now for the specials - if you go to the SewArmadillo page on Facebook you will find some specials for the next week on all Fig Tree patterns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment